Terms and Conditions for the ‘There is no such thing as a free holiday’ Competition (the “Competition”) as advertised on holidayswap.com, Facebook and Instagram
- This Competition is open to all registered and active users of the Holiday Swap app. User must not have an inactive profile (without image) There is no requirement to have completed a ‘swap’ to be eligible to enter this Competition.
- All Competition entrants must be over the age of 18 at the time of entry.
- This Competition is not open to employees, agents or other representatives of Holiday Swap Limited or their immediate families.
Entering the Competition
- To enter the competition, Entrants must:
- a. Register with Holiday Swap;
- b. tag the name of a friend/partner/family (the “Travel Companion”) they wish to take with them along with a destination they wish to travel in the comments section on the sponsored competition post on Facebook or Instagram; and
- c. be following the Holiday Swap Facebook and Instagram pages at the time the Competition draw is made. (all steps together, an “Entry”)
- Entrants may make more than one Entry on each social media platform.
- The Travel Companion must be 18 years old or over at the time of entry. One entry per each comment
- All Entries must be submitted by no later than 23.59pm on 31 July 2018. Entries received after this date will not be accepted.
- The prize is for a pair of economy tickets on a retune flight to anywhere in the world for travel between October 1 2018 - 31st November 2018. Both tickets must be on the same flight and can only be taken by the winning Entrant and the Travel Companion named in the winning post (together, the “Winners”).
- The airport of origin (“Origin Airport”) must be that closest to the Entrant’s city of occupation as registered on the Holiday Swap app.
- a. Any country which the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) has advised against travelling to;
- The destination must be that named in the winning Entry and must not be:
- The Prize is subject to availability, non-transferable and no cash equivalent will be offered in any circumstance.
- The Winners will be chosen randomly by Holiday Swap from all Entries on 1 August 2018 and the Winner will be contacted by 3 August 2018 by message on social media to their account they entered with, from the official Holiday Swap account. The winner must confirm receipt by email within [48 hours] or they will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another winner will be chosen. The Winners will then liaise with Holiday Swap to complete the booking.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include:
- b. Visas or other arrival taxes;
- c. Travel insurance;
- d. A return flight;
- e. Accommodation, transfers or any other expenses incurred at the destination.
- It is the responsibility of the Entrant to ensure:
- f. That they and their nominated Travel Companion are eligible to travel to their chosen destination and have the valid travel documents, visas or any other items required.
- g. To reschedule or rebook any flights that are cancelled and/or delayed by the flight operator.
- h. That they have adequate travel insurance to cover any delays, cancelations, injuries or any other loss howsoever caused.
- The Winners may be required by Holiday swap to participate in publicity for Holiday swap including photo, recording, video and/or film session(s). In this regard the Entrant agrees that (and will procure agreement from their Travel Companion that) Holiday Swap shall have the right to use all the resulting publicity materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any manner Holiday Swap sees fit.
- Entrants agree that Holiday Swap have the right to publish and communicate any photographs or videos in relation to the Competition in any media without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of this specific Competition. Entrants agree not to bring against us any actions, suits, claims and demands in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from our use of their Photograph.
Exclusion Of Liability
- Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Holiday Swap excludes and shall not have any liability to any Entrant or Travel Companion in connection with or arising out of any Competition howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
- Events may occur which render the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Holiday Swap and accordingly Holiday Swap may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion without liability.
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant indemnifies Holiday Swap against any and all actions, claims, damages, expenses or liabilities suffered or incurred directly or indirectly by us in consequence of any breach or alleged breach, non-performance or non-observation by the entrant of any agreement, conditions, obligation or warranty on the part of the entrant herein. It will be requirement of winning any prize that the Travel Companion provides an equivalent indemnity.
- Holiday Swap will not be held liable for any technical fault in the submission of entries.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Failure to comply with any of these rules may result in the disqualification of the Entry. Holiday Swap reserves the right to disqualify any entry at their absolute discretion.
- In the event that any provision of these Terms are held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions which shall continue in full force and effect.
- These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.